Thursday, March 23, 2006

Bods, baseball, and steroids

Now that "Book of Shadows" is out, I will say my piece. Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Sheff, etc. all robbed us of baseball's glory. Part of the allure of baseball is the long standing records that allow you to compare different eras (not totally). Now we have the steroids era which is a total fraud. You can't compare these numbers because they are totally bogus. We all know they used, and anyone who refuses to believe it is just lying to themselves.

I sincerely believe that all their records should be wiped from the books. They cheated, pure and simple and it disgusts me. When all this was going on, I had a chance to play some pro ball, and instead I chose grad school. I am so happy I did. It would have sickened me to watch these idiots do this all while I was trying to make it on my own merit. As far as Bonds, it is sad. He was a surefire Hall of Famer even if he didn't take anything. If he had stayed clean and continued to hit the 30-40 homers a year, imagine how good he would look now. It makes me sick!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home