Friday, January 26, 2007

The winter SUCKS!!!

This winter has been so dry around here. I have had maybe an inch of water fall in the last 3 months. What a difference from last year when I had over 10 inches in that time. There is so little snow in the Sierra that I have not gone skiing at all this winter, and I really have no desire to go either. A friend of mine told me that some of the workers at Flatstar (aka Northstar) were going down 10 abreast clipping the brush that is coming up through the little snowpack they have.

Is there any hope? No, I doubt it. It looks like we won't see any halfway decent storm for 3-4 weeks. I hope I am wrong, but looking back at the historical dry years (in the last 50), 1964 and 1977, the pattern held strong. If anything, it looks more similar to '64 when nothing happened until March. Perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home